Beautiful Vancouver. There is something different about this city. The feel, the vibe, and the people. It’s hard to explain and describe. This feeling cannot be felt by those who visit for a few days, drive through the city on a road trip or watch an online video.
The weather is idyllic, the activities are endless, and the experience is one that someone is not soon to forget.
This experience has been enhanced by the ability to travel the many spots with an electric motorbike. They are faster than your average bike, do not cause any pollution and the electrical circuit of the bike allows you to ride without feeling fatigue which is not the case with a traditional bike.
If you have purchased a bike from Epic Cycles and live in Vancouver, we have taken the opportunity to compile a one-day guide of best spots to ride through within the city. So, take a cup of coffee, sit back and enjoy the read
It’s best to wake up bright and early so that you can maximize your time during the day. When you are ready to embark on your journey on your electric bike, here are a few places that we recommend visiting:
- Get a dose of caffeine from Gastown. “Gassy” Jack surely did Canada a favor opening the first saloon in the neighborhood, which led to the entire area being named Gastown!
- Among a flurry of restaurants and shops, Water Street has arguably the city’s finest café, Milano Coffee Roasters. This is our first stop to get a hot cup of coffee to start the day!
- Ride, shop, and explore. Gastown is a very bike-friendly area that gives us an opportunity to explore the many shops in Water Street to our heart’s desire! Check out Oak + Fort, a highly recommended shop that offers minimalistic yet sophisticated clothing.
- Enjoy the view from the city’s highest spot. The Vancouver Lookout at Harbor Centre is the highest location in Vancouver, giving you a panoramic view of the entire city. It’s an amazing spectacle as you get to see the North Shore Mountains, Gastown, shipping port, and the downtown area all in a 360-degree glance!
Pass through Coal Harbor in the direction of Stanley Park. This is arguably the most enjoyable bike path that connects you through the Waterfront and Coal Harbor. If you’re looking for a hotel in this area, the Fairmont Pacific Rim is definitely a solid recommendation.
The perfect afternoon at this point will not have the rain clouds rolling in. If it is perfect, let’s bike on!
- Brunch in West End. Continue along the bike path we told you about, and you will soon reach the hot West End. For brunch, we highly recommend the Acacia Fillo Bar. Here you can eat some of the most scrumptious traditional Bulgarian dishes.
- Relax at English Bay. Now that you have satisfied those taste buds, hop on your bike and ride to English Bay Beach for some well-earned relaxation. Take some time to enjoy the cool breeze and the serene views!
- Continue along the beach to Kitsilano. There’s something about a beach-side ride that is incredibly romantic. When riding beside the English Bay to Kitsilano, you will cross over the historic and beautiful Burrard Bridge. So, please satisfy some more serenity pangs there!
- Satisfy your bike cravings. Kitsilano is another family-friendly spot in the Oceanside area, with its own array of shops. Among them is a bike shop that is well worth a visit. Here you can buy more gear, pump your tires, or just have a chat with the bike experts. If you do visit it, you won’t be disappointed — we promise!
After the perfect afternoon, here’s to a perfect evening! This is definitely the time to be near the ocean or you will miss the perfect sunset.
- Experience Granville Island. Granville Island is a reflection of Vancouver itself and the place to be for anyone wanting that unique Vancouverite feeling. You’ll find everything that is unique to the city here. From seafood to live musical and artistic performances, you will want to lock up your bike and just enjoy what this place has to offer you. You can also buy locally forged items here.
- Enjoy the skyline: Now that you are satisfied, what you need is a relaxing view of the enticing Vancouver skyline. For this, we recommend you take a slow, relaxing ride along the South False Creek Seawall. You will come full circle when you get back to Gastown, where you started out.
- Dinner in Chinatown: What better place to have dinner than in Chinatown! When you are in this neighborhood, check out Bestie for their mouthwateringly good European delights. God knows you will love them after such a long ride!
There aren’t many cities in the world that are as loveable as Vancouver. However, there is a condition if you plan on falling in love with this city: you will only truly fall in love if you experience it while out for a ride!
Electric Motorbikes are rising in popularity due to their inexpensive upkeep, ability to travel short distances at reasonable speeds and avoid contributing pollution into the environment. However, E-Bikes are relatively new which means there are a lot of questions surrounding their usage, maintenance and upkeep. This is why we published this blog that addressed the top 7 questions that were presented to us.
We at Epic Cycles hope to provide you the ability to purchase a motorized bike as we sell everything from Electric Scooters, Magnum E-Bikes, and Stromer Bikes which can be purchased and shipped anywhere in Canada.
Please don’t hesitate to sign up for our news so that you can remain updated on the latest news, and giveaways. Also, make sure to check us out on social media as we are always up to something!